light box

 
Originally uploaded by thebline
Over the past few months, I've done my fair share of reading regarding how to promote my shop and make it more visible on etsy. The overwhelming advice is to make beautiful photos, which, of course, means that the subject must be pretty good (at least), and that the lighting must be great and the composition noteworthy. I don't want to toot my own horn too much, but I do think that my photos have improve drastically since I opened shop in mid-March. 

A significant improvement came when I constructed a "light box" from a few pieces of cardboard and some white paper. I cut a hole in one of the cardboard pieces and inserted a piece of vellum (lots of paper lying around--read previous post!) to use as a light filter. The effects were amazing--dark shadows were eliminated and the light allowed me to focus in better and show more of the details of my work.

But lately, since we've been enjoying some excellent sunny, summery weather, I've taken several shots outside, especially ones in which I model pieces. The light box works well, but it is incredible how much more appealing (in my opinion) the natural light photos are. Here's one of me in the jezebel necklace this morning!  With these results (at least for now), my back yard is my new light box!

Philip and Renie  – (June 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM)  

OK, you must teach me how you made such a beautiful blog. How did you do this? It's beautiful! Where are y'all going to the beach?

the b-line  – (June 14, 2008 at 9:44 PM)  

Hi Renie! Thanks for the compliment! I've been tweaking the blog for a while now, and I'm not sure I could tell you how it got this way! It all started with a search for a 3-column template. After that, I uploaded my header (which is basically what I use for etsy jazzed up a bit) and then played around with the borders and colors. If there is something you want to try, let me know and I'll tell you how I did it (or what site I used for advice!

These two sites are helpful:
http://tricks-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/
http://betabloggerfordummies.blogspot.com/

As for vaca, we are headed to Saugatuck in early July. Send my love to the mosshouse!
Amy

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP