olives & red wine

After spending the morning getting chilly and soaked (another day at VBS--lots of energetic kids with spray bottles), I reveled in the chance to fashion these earrings with warmer tones.  I found the muscovite beads in Ottawa and just had to get them.  The beads have such beautiful flecks of red and gold through out--almost like red wine jelly with gold suspended in it.  I decided to go simple with the earwires rather than add any distracting details. 

Another new favorite is the delicately marbled impression jasper.  To me, the green, brown, and rust tones throughout really capture the colors of an olive grove. Yum! Again, the stones take center stage here, with just simple bent earwires.

More coming soon!

thebeadgirl  – (June 20, 2008 at 11:11 AM)  

beautiful new work! great job!

lis  – (June 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM)  

your great...i envy people who knows about beads abd bed works..dropping by

Takeyce  – (June 27, 2008 at 11:09 AM)  

Beautiful work!!! Love the blog. I'll be stopping by often.

Cheers!
Takeyce

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP