this week's wants

Here it is, my last day of summer. School starts tomorrow and I am knee-deep in syllabi and anxiety, but I just had to take a little break to show you a few of my favorites for this week.
http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.29103426.jpg
First up, this beautiful scarf by happiknits. My office is usually over-air conditioned and pretty chilly as a result. Since I can't control the temperature, I usually layer up. I'd love to have this scarf (by a fellow mad scientist of etsy) to keep me stylish and warm.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.35561317.jpg

For those rare occasions during the semester when I have time to look up an daydream, I'd love to see this print by Irene Suchocki opposite my desk. I've always loved images of the Eiffel tower and Paris in general, but since we honeymooned there, I covet images such as these even more.
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.35596835.jpg
The only thing I didn't like about going to Paris was that we couldn't bring our dogs along. I hate to leave them behind. I get so much joy from our puppies--they ask for so little and give so much in return. Perhaps that's why this print by artandghosts appeals to me so much. I'm somewhat tempted to consider the symbolism embedded in this piece, but that will have to wait while I just enjoy it for a bit. Adorable, don't you think?
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.35735655.jpg
With quite the busy semester ahead, my hubby and I are likely to see each other only in passing several days each week. I think these magnetic chalk-board coasters by purpose design might be just what we need to keep in touch with little notes. (And to keep our drinks straight at the weekend.)

Speaking of the weekend, I suppose I have a few hours left to enjoy, so I shall do exactly that!

Meg  – (August 24, 2008 at 10:02 PM)  

love the scarf - i think i have to make one for myself! :)

Becca  – (August 25, 2008 at 7:16 AM)  

Wow! what an awesome blog :) Thank you so much, Amy for featuring my scarf.. I am a huge fan of art and ghosts work too!

Karma by Morgan  – (August 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM)  

I love becca's work. She is amazing! I love your other picks too :)

cool blog too

DAINTYCROCHETBYALY  – (August 25, 2008 at 5:56 PM)  

congrats!! Becca is a great choice, I love her happyknitts! :-)

DAINTYCROCHETBYALY  – (August 25, 2008 at 5:56 PM)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth  – (August 25, 2008 at 5:57 PM)  

What a great blog! These are fantastic picks. I will always be partial to the work of fellow Etsian and friend, Becca of Happiknits! Love this scarf!

:)

art-and-ghosts  – (August 25, 2008 at 8:45 PM)  

thanks so much for featuring heathcliffe the vain pooch!

you have a wonderful blog, and these featured items are exquisite!

lou:)

the b-line  – (August 26, 2008 at 12:13 PM)  

Thanks for your comments, everyone! Looks like we're all in the mood to shop!

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP