visitors


If I owned an actual shop (I mean a brick and mortar one), I could just imagine the excitement I'd feel if a gigantic tour bus parked right outside of my storefront. All of those visitors at once! The likelihood of a purchase dramatically increased. What a blessing!

Now, as I do not own a B&M shop, but just an etsy storefront, it won't make much of a difference if a tour bus parks in front of my door. (Although I do get excited when I see a usps/ups/fedex truck arrive.) To me, having a spot in a treasury that appears on the front page is my "tour bus". It's very exciting to "watch" all the visitors enter my shop "door" and have a browse (nevermind a purchase, whoa nelly!). I only wish I could greet them! (I guess you can tell I was sorta pleased with the analogy myself, Peach! :))

So, imagine my excitement yesterday when I was featured in two treasuries that graced the front page! I'm very grateful to elleabelle and PianoBenchDesigns for their masterful curating and for including me in their visions (and for etsy admin for choosing them):
Not only that, but one of the treasuries I curated actually made it to the front page yesterday as well. This brings satisfaction of another sort. I love watching a treasury I've created change form as people buy things from a treasury. And I get a kick of imagining how those sellers feel. It feels good!

Yet another bonus to the whole treasury shebang--I've met some really awesome people! It would be easy to feel isolated and out of touch with an online shop, I suppose, as you could manage to run your shop without interacting with anyone. But I actually feel like I'm part of a close-knit community. Making and commenting on treasuries has been a really fun way for me to get to know other sellers and buyers on etsy. It's also helped me add to treasures around my home, as sometimes I just can't resist snatching up a beautiful item before its one-of-a-kind-ness goes off to live with someone else!
To put it bluntly, I love treasuries. I love making them, viewing them, commenting on them, being inspired by them, and being featured in them. So, to whoever invented treasuries, thank you thank you thank you!

ThePeachTree  – (August 20, 2008 at 1:32 AM)  

YAY!!! I'm so happy that you put imagery to my new all time favorite analogy :) And THANK YOU again for including me in your now super famous, ultra shady treasury :) :)

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP