this week's wants

This week's number one want? Time! It seems to be evaporating. But, since I haven't been able to find it for sale, I present you with some gorgeous, timeless alternatives!
http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.36035644.jpg
I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what sort of stone or glass is featured in this small pebble ring by les things. It's polymer clay with copper leaf! And it is gorgeous, don't you think? It could be brand new or a hundred years old. I love the pale blue and the amber together with shiny silver. That's what I call timeless!
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.29716953.jpg
This photograph of a peony by Lena Brown is staggering. I absolutely love everything about peonies, especially their delicate petals and scent, though neither lasts for long. Indeed, she has managed to capture time in this print! (Wish I could smell it!)
http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.31283740.jpg
Time in a bottle! These porcelain milk bottles remind me of those deliveries by the milkman when I was a kid. Why don't we still have that, I wonder? What a fabulous invention to have gone by the wayside. These bottles would make fabulous vases for wildflowers, but I think I might prefer to drink a swig of cold milk from them. Find them (and much more) at alyssaettinger's shop!
http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.36449786.jpg
Certainly, I would have more time if I flew everywhere, by umbrella or otherwise! I love this "flying umbrellas" print by roadside projects. I've wanted to fly by umbrella for years, ever since I witnessed Mary Poppins alight on the Banks family. I still haven't found a gust of wind sufficient enough to hoist my person (though I have had several umbrellas turn inside out). Nevertheless, roadside's print still inspires!

Thanks for reading! May you have all the time you need today,

Roadside  – (September 7, 2008 at 4:02 PM)  

Thanks for the mention Amy! I actually had Mary Poppins in mind when I made "Flying Umbrellas". :)

Jayme

Kay  – (September 7, 2008 at 10:42 PM)  

hi.hi. I was just browsing some blogs and finding new etsy shops and came upon yours. What a lovely article of featured items. And, your items...so lovely. It is going to be tough to christmas shop this year...so many great options out there.

if you like to browse, I started a new site/blog

http://web.me.com/kspihlmann
www.ohkayk.etsy.com

have a nice evening

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP