this week's wants

With our big one-year anniversary coming up in December, the hubby and I were dreaming the other day about how we would celebrate. The traditional gift? Paper. Now, as a recovered card-making addict, I do have a fondness for paper, but it's not exactly an exciting anniversary present. Unless you have printed (on your paper) plane tickets to Paris! That's right, we are going back to Paris!

My first trip to Paris was our honeymoon, late last December. It was the trip of a lifetime, but we really didn't plan as well as we should have. Planning the wedding took presidence, of course! With no wedding to plan, we've got more time to organize the trip this time around, so I am happily reading travel guides and scouring my catalogs and favorite websites for the perfect travel gear. Here's what I've come up with so far....

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.40830690.jpg
First of all, we'll be spending New Year's Eve in the City of Lights, so I'll be needing something pretty lovely for our night on the town. I'm thinking this beautiful top by tortilla girl would have just the right amount of shimmer to bring in 2009.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.41775229.jpg
I adore these "diamond" earrings by lunatic art. Though they look like diamonds, there is no stone at all--just a clever hole drilled into studs with a wonderful patina. Just enough drama to attraction a few admiring glances as we enjoy dinner in a lovely restaurant.

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.42274327.jpg
Museums can get chilly! I like to wrap up and keep warm with a bold scarf or a nice sweater (or both). This lumina sweater by Afton River would keep me toasty warm, look great, and travel well.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.36275573.jpg
Now I know that the beret is the quintessential Parisian headwarmer, but I'll be sporting my fabulous Liza Rietz cloche. The temperatures here in Michigan have dipped low enough in the past week for me to wear it once and I love it!

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.42551430.jpg
Sure, those little zippered travel pouches keep your goods safe and out of sight, but then how would you show off your fabulous bag? Morelle's oyster bag in denim is just big enough to hold the maps and guides, a little lipstick, and trinkets we pick up along the way (Maison du Chocolat, anyone?).

Counting the days,

TortillaGirl  – (October 26, 2008 at 2:41 PM)  

Fantastic post! Thank you for the feature :-)

Wende  – (October 26, 2008 at 8:50 PM)  

Oh, it's all so beautiful! Lovely, lovely!!

Lunaticart  – (October 27, 2008 at 7:05 AM)  

What a fun way to post it! I love it, thank you very much! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, mine is Tomorrow! and if we are closer than you to Paris..we are staying home!

Afton  – (October 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM)  

Your post is giving me a travel-itch. How lovely! Thank you for thinking of my designs when you want to wear something special. Really nice items =)

Katie  – (October 28, 2008 at 3:23 PM)  

I've been eyeing that lovely cloche myself! Great picks!

Mrs.French  – (October 28, 2008 at 10:42 PM)  

I m so happy for you...and your choices are perfect!

Kingshuk  – (November 1, 2008 at 1:43 AM)  

Wow!! wish you a very happy anniversary.

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP