this week's wants

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Or at least it's almost that time. Each year at this time, I start thinking of holidays past. Of the foods we ate, the decorations around the house, the feeling of good cheer, and the cold evenings spent inside cuddling up in front of the fire. This year, it's no different. I've got sugarplums dancing through my head, even though it's only early November. So, I've headed to etsy for some inspiration and boy, did I find it.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.42686569.jpg
Let's begin with this big fattie christmas pudding by cupcakes for clara. I am drawn to this ornament on several levels. It's cute. It's soft. It's stuffedd. But most importantly, it resembles the scrumptious Christmas pudding my mom makes each year. She even tops it with hard sauce! Christmas dinner just wouldn't be the same without it. One bonus for the plushie pudding, though: it won't mess with your waistline!

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.44338482.jpg
If your family/job/life is anything like mine, you know that the holidays can be far from peaceful. This whimsical and festive Peaceful House garland by Going Sew Crazy might just remind us to take a deep breath and consider what's most important now and then. And I love these tiny paper houses!

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.42042025.jpg
This garnet pillow by ninu has a cheerful yet understated elegance. It would bring the warmth of the season to any lucky sofa or chair. Remember, I did mention cuddling in front of the fire on those cold evenings. You'll need something for cushion!

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.42692148.jpg
September House's beautifully embroidered light hearted ornament reminds us to not take ourselves too seriously this time of year. Truthfully, I need one of these hanging on my wall year-round!

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.43107899.jpg
Storia Home's colorful and cheerful garland provides yet another important message for the season (and the rest of the year). I do believe this would be perfect for my living room!

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.44341794.jpg
Middleburg's quaint holiday trees would do much to cheer up any mantle. I just adore their quirkiness and whimsicality. Personally, I love skinny trees. You can fit more prezzies around them!

Wishing you peace and joy (and happy shopping),

Mrs.French  – (November 10, 2008 at 5:39 PM)  

cupcakes for clara was one of my very first etsy "favorites"...I still love everything...I also adore everything you have here...xo

ThePeachTree  – (November 10, 2008 at 8:54 PM)  

I'm having a serious ornament fetish this year :) If only my studio apartment could fit the 8 foot tree of my dreams!!

Love what you've chosen here!

nichole  – (November 10, 2008 at 9:18 PM)  

Love them all! I almost bought that pillow the other day ... it's divine.

Melissa de la Fuente  – (November 11, 2008 at 12:18 PM)  

Hi Amy!
I love these picks.....especially that little sweet pudding and that embroidery! Beautiful finds! Thank you for the intro to some of these I didn't know and thank you for your sweet comment today over on ML!
:)
xo
Melissa

MichellesCharmWorld  – (November 11, 2008 at 2:11 PM)  

ooo what great finds you have here!!!

lillyella, uniquely you  – (November 13, 2008 at 1:37 AM)  

ooo I love the garnet pillow - I am so ready for the holidays!

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP