this week's wants

Hello, everyone! I'm happy to be back after a fun and refreshing Thanksgiving holiday. It's tradition in my family to hit the shops on black Friday, so I've done some holiday shopping already, but I've still got my eye out for beautiful things, and I'm pleased to share these with you today.

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.43631083.jpg
Given the 6 or so inches of snow I woke up to this morning, bicycle riding is out of the question for me right now. I'm guessing many of you have hung up your two-wheelers until the thaw next spring as well. So, while you're not riding a bike, consider wearing one--especially this adorable Take a Ride bicycle resin cameo by crafty folk. This brooch, while perfectly appropriate for any season, conjures up summer pastimes like picnics, reading under a shade tree, and, of course, bicycling. Lemonade, anyone?

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.46461787.jpg
I'm loving these simple and elegant organic earrings by fleur fatale. The muted colors and the size of these hoops make them extremely versatile and a fitting complement to anything from an ivory chunky wool sweater and jeans to a burgundy silk blouse and pencil skirt. (Can you tell I'm sort of in the daydreaming spirit today?)

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.46024419.jpg
I'm definitely feeling the extra calories I consumed over the last few days. I just can't seem to control myself over the holidays. But this peppermint print by the Photo Zoo gives me an idea. Not only is it beautiful, it's calorie-free. So, maybe the trick is to surround myself with photographs of delectable goodies rather than the "real" thing. What do you think? I just hope this wouldn't increase my cravings. At any rate, this print is spectacular and would make for a beautiful winter-themed wall.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.46746053.jpg
When I was single, I sort of cringed at the holiday mistletoe references. Now that I've got my wonderful hubby, I don't mind it at all--in fact, I hang it all around the house! I'm also a huge fan of letterpress stationary, so I think this meet me under the mistletoe letterpress card by the paper peony will make the perfect Christmas card for my beloved this year.

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.45203371.jpg
It could be all those aforementioned extra calories or maybe it's a new phase I am going through, but I am drawn to full blouses, tunics, and sweaters right now. And this Josephine blouse by anna fabo is fabulous! The smocking around the color adds the perfect detail and color contrast (by the way, you can order this in many other colors if grey isn't your thing). I could see myself living in this work of art!

It's cyber Monday, everyone! What are you clicking on?

fleurfatale  – (December 1, 2008 at 10:42 AM)  

oooh, thanks a lot for this nice feature!!!!
I like your other choices too!!!

Elizabeth  – (December 4, 2008 at 4:10 PM)  

Just wandered over here from The Peach Tree. Excellent choices, and and lovely items in your etsy shop too! I'll be back to visit again..

LENORENEVERMORE  – (December 5, 2008 at 2:31 AM)  

I agree, That Fabo blouse is so lovely indeed...fabulous overall selection dear...

ThePeachTree  – (December 5, 2008 at 3:24 PM)  

You should totally be a buyer for some awesome boutique shop :) Or for me!!

Chakra Pennywhistle  – (December 5, 2008 at 4:22 PM)  

WOW! I have never seen the Anna Fabu shop! Stunning. I love everything :)

Mrs.French  – (December 5, 2008 at 5:37 PM)  

the blouse and the cameo are perfection! thank you...I had missed your picks my dear...xo t

An Atlanta Bride  – (December 9, 2008 at 3:24 PM)  

That bicycle brooch is so different!! Love it :)

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP