this week's wants

What are you pining after? I've got a few things to add to your list!

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.47849456.jpg
Seven years ago, as I finished grad school with not a job in site, I took on the task of reupholstering a few relics from my parents' basement. I had no experience or training in the area, just a meager amount of cash stored up and an inkling that I would want furniture in the house I'd occupy when I finally landed a job. The sofa and chair turned out quite well and I got a job just a few short months later. It was a happy time. So, I just had to smile when I saw this beautiful Homespun Christmas Wreath by The CatNap Cottage gracing the etsy front page the other day. What a clever use for jute upholstery webbing! I think you'll agree that even if you don't have your own personal jute story, this wreath is fantastic.

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.34587462.jpg
I'd be thrilled to get this little lump of "coal" at the bottom of my stocking this year! The Little Red Door's Primitive Black Clay Mini House may be conspicuously missing that signature red door (and I do love red doors!), but it is lovely in it's elegant simplicity. I think I'd love a whole set of these just sitting pretty on my pretty vintage mica snow.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.47322065.jpg
Speaking of sets of houses, I'm so taken with this neighborhood plate by dovetail. The detail is beautiful. I just love that little street lamp! And while the plate is food-safe, dishwasher safe and durable enough for everyday use, I'd almost hate to sully this neighborhood with foodstuff. Though I would love to impress my guests with it!

http://www.1000markets.com/pictures/0001/6038/Senet_LG_New_Angle2.jpg
As kids, we would often have a huge puzzle going at Christmastime. It was a fun, relaxing, family-bonding type of activity, but one that required a table that could be used for nothing else until the project was finished! Those puzzles came to mind today when I found this beautiful rendition of an Ancient Egyption board game called Senet by Antiquity Gamecrafters. I'll admit that I know nothing about this game (besides what is found in the description), but I love just about any game. Especially when the pieces are so wonderfully handmade. Check out this shop for this and other pastimes that you won't have to commit a table to indefinitely.

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.33081132.jpg
This past weekend, I participated in my first craft show in Flint, MI. Traffic was a bit slow, but it was a wonderful experience. I was happy to have my sister along for company and moral support. And since she was there, I was able to browse around at the rest of the vendors' wares a bit. Boy, does Michigan have some talent! I found many wonderful things, including an adorable shop called enamored. These simplicity earrings are just one example of the gorgeous enamel and metal work you'll find in enamored. I'm smitten with the beautiful blue-green hue in these danglies!

Keep shopping,

thelittlereddoor  – (December 8, 2008 at 5:10 PM)  

thank you so much for including my little house and showcasing my shop today, I appreciate the exposure and your kind words :)

jessica, a miniature rhino  – (December 9, 2008 at 12:17 PM)  

i always imagined i'd live in a house with a red door... love the little black house...nice picks amy.

Mrs.French  – (December 9, 2008 at 10:43 PM)  

the webbing wreath is perfect...as are the stories you share...xo t

Kelly  – (December 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM)  

I'm honored to be included Amy! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Chakra Pennywhistle  – (December 19, 2008 at 5:13 PM)  

Oh! I love every single one of these! Man, your finds are always my cup of tea ;)

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP