this week's wants

Here it is, December 28th! I'm amazed at how quickly a year can go by. And sad to confirm what I heard my parents say as I was growing up: each year does go a little more quickly. Since time is of the essence, without further delay, I give you my final wish list for 2008.

http://www.1000markets.com/pictures/0051/3053/urbanlegendsholiday.jpg
I have plenty of people to thank this year and particularly this holiday season. I love these funky Urban Legends Holiday Cards by Whimsy. Those cartographed reindeer look perfectly seasonal, and the blank insides allow for a customized merci!

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.39144837.jpg
I've been admiring Mrs. French's blissful images since I first happened on her blog a few months ago. So many beautiful prints to choose from--I just couldn't decide which to feature. That is, until I saw tick-tock. This image makes me think of two things most immediately. First, the HUGE collection of antique clocks (most much larger than these) that my dad had until a few years ago. When the working ones were all wound, the clamor was unbelievably cacophonous, though still kinda charming. I like the calm, quietness of this photograph, though I can almost hear all that ticking and tocking even now.

My second thought? Perhaps this is a bit simple, but this pair reminds me of my husband and me. I've never really thought of my self as a clock before (although I have mentioned that I do tend to count a lot), but that little pink number is so cute! Especially next to the handsome blue one.

http://www.1000markets.com/pictures/0040/6707/1A_1aa__11112008_Molly9.jpg
These Molly earrings by Voleur de Bijoux are SO pretty in pink! The hot pink/brass combination is not one I would have thought of, but it really works. I'm so inspired by fellow artists! These would be the perfect accent to my new black cashmere sweater.

http://www.1000markets.com/pictures/0015/0500/raspberry3.jpg
I'm captivated by this raspberry cordial necklace by Lily Green. The lovely pale pink perspex has been carved so beautifully and the beaded accents give it just the right amount of pizazz. Creativity nonpareil!

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.50205677.jpg
We're enjoying a bit of a warm-up right now, but I have a feeling the cold weather will be back soon enough. This sweatshirt with shawl collar by Lirola would keep me stylish and warm. And maybe even camoflage those extra Christmas cookies I've snacked on recently!

Happy 2009 to all!

Liron –   – (December 29, 2008 at 2:58 PM)  

Thank you so much.
I love your blog!

Mrs.French  – (December 29, 2008 at 10:53 PM)  

I will never look at my clocks the same way...they seem so much sweeter now...thanks for making my day! xo t

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP