stroke of genius

For some time now, I have wanted a miniature version of the mechanical paint can shakers you find at hardware stores. Not for paint, mind you, but for natural peanut and nut butters. I get kinda annoyed having to stir the oil back in all the time. And if you're not good at it, the early servings from the jar are all oily and runny, while the last of them are hard as a rock.

Well, today, I had a stroke of genius. I don't need a shaker, because I already have a tumbler! Being a scientist, I had to do the experiment. :) Here are the results.

Some hazelnut butter before tumbling. Eww!

The experimental apparatus (my Chicago Electric Power Tools Rotary Tumbler).


Peanut butter after 5 minutes of tumbling.


Hazelnut butter after 10 minutes of tumbling.


Lola likes the smell of this peanut butter!

Conclusion? If you're too lazy to stir (like I am) and have a tumbler, give it a shot (excuse the pun, not shot needed for this application, actually!). The only hitch I've found is that my tumbler is too small to accommodate larger jars--such as my 365 almond butter. I may just have to transfer it to a smaller container!

Lunch, anyone?

Shelby  – (January 13, 2009 at 12:44 PM)  

Ha this cracks me up! You must enjoy a lots of butter/peanut butter products to go this far! But it does look delicious!!

ThePeachTree  – (January 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM)  

Sheer genius!! Now, if only I knew what a tumbler was and where to find it....

Valerie  – (January 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM)  

That's hilarious. See I'd have done it with a glass jar and broken it.

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP