this week's wants

Let's start the weekend off with a little inspiration and a lot of charm!

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.45690141.jpg
I can't tell you how many times I've tried to write messages in spiral or circular form. Somehow, it never looks quite right. But in her Elaborate ring, Anne Kiel (of Anne Kiel Jewelry) got it just so. What a lovely Valentine's present this would be! And just so you don't have to stand on your head to read the inscription, here it is: "Go Ahead and Elaborate on Your Love for Me." Well, what are you waiting for?

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.53863373.jpg
I'm obsessed with tunics right now and cannot get yellow out of my brain since I saw Slumdog Millionaire last week. This knee-length linen dress in mustard by Pamela Tang would satisfy both predilections. It also makes me anxious for warmer temperatures to come!

http://www.1000markets.com/pictures/0047/1295/IMG_2737.jpg
As someone who works with polymer clay on a regular basis, I'm always on the lookout for artists that use the medium in different ways. This week, I found a shop on 1000Markets called Stonehouse Studio that is just filled with gorgeous polymer clay and silver jewelry. The Budding Branch Neckwire, above, is my favorite of the bunch.

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.26373848.jpg
I love to cook and I'm a huge fan of cookbooks. The more photos, the better. That said, I've never seen a more adorable recipe than this! These French Toast Recipe Nesting Dolls by Trish Grantham actually show you how to make French toast. Whether you cook or not, I think you'll agree that these are adorable. Definitely check out this shop for more precious finds--Trish is running a sale this week!

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.52417060.jpg
What a gorgeous and colorful way to organize one's baubles! The pomegranate bowl from Felt Gallery by Vaiva Nat is made from hand-felted wool. Functional as it is, wouldn't it just look swell atop your dresser or vanity? Once you've got that all decorated, don't forget a little something for yourself. Maybe one of these!

http://www.1000markets.com/pictures/0019/3854/il_fullxfull.43781859.jpg
It's been a hectic week and promises to be an even busier weekend. This soy pinecone candle Berd & Bee makes for a handsome reminder to take a few minutes to relax and wind down. I'm breathing deeper just looking at it!


On that note, here's wishing each of you a peaceful, happy weekend!

Shelby  – (January 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM)  

Oh I have to have those nesting dolls! So cute!! Thanks for sharing

June Shin  – (January 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM)  

I love that polymer clay necklace. It's beautiful.

Cheryl  – (January 31, 2009 at 1:22 PM)  

Hello! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Your blog is beautiful. I, too, am an etsy addict. And tunics are wonderful and so flattering for most figures. I'll be back as well xx

Cheryl  – (January 31, 2009 at 1:24 PM)  

Oh my gosh, I was just looking around more and have totally admired your jewelry on Little Brown Pen. Wow.

nichole  – (January 31, 2009 at 5:36 PM)  

I've drooled over that tunic MANY times. Isn't it great? I just love the way it's styled for the photo.

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP