the way I see it

For quite some time now, I've been admiring the impressive photography skills of many friends and acquaintances through etsy, flickr, 1000markets, twitter, and the internet in general. I've been inspired to hone my own skills behind the lens, so I've pledged to take a photo a day for the next year in an effort to become a better photographer. And a better observer. I'll be posting them here once a week to track my progress--and to give each of you a glimpse into the world around me. So, here we go: here's the way I see it this week.



hydrangea. I love how these weather.


butterfly bush. with a little snow on top.


berries. brilliant red gems growing on a tree.

pinecone and leaves
pinecone & leaves. bygones.


honeysuckle? remnants.


oregano. at sunrise.


starting over.

lillyella, uniquely you  – (February 23, 2009 at 12:59 AM)  

these look great, amy! Im going to be doing the photo a day thing too - I think I'm going to start on March 1!

Cheryl  – (February 23, 2009 at 5:02 AM)  

These are all very pretty. I have a few friends who are doing this same project. Good for you! Are you going to focus on nature shots alone?

the b-line  – (February 23, 2009 at 8:29 AM)  

Yay, Nicole! Can't wait to see your shots!
Cheryl, I started with nature shots, but who knows where I'll end up. I expect I'll have some sort of theme each week, but can't promise what it will be (or even if I'll stick to it--the theme, that is).
Amy

ofifteen  – (February 23, 2009 at 8:55 AM)  

beautiful.

ofifteen
'designing your life'
http://ofifteenblog.blogspot.com

Fog and Thistle  – (February 23, 2009 at 8:57 AM)  

I think I need to plant some hydrangeas this year. I love them in the winter.

lilacpop  – (February 23, 2009 at 9:37 AM)  

Beautiful photos, especially that last one. Have you ever tried using picnik.com? It's really awesome and you can do some amazing things with photographs. It's free too. I use it for all my photos.

LilacPOP
http://lilacpopphotography.etsy.com
http://lilacpopblogspot.com
http://lilacpop.etsy.com

ThePeachTree  – (February 23, 2009 at 10:42 AM)  

What a brilliant idea! And your shots are stunning :) Do you have an SLR?? I would love to join you on this as soon as I can pull the money together to get one!!

the b-line  – (February 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM)  

I did, Amy! I bought a Canon a few weeks ago and have been having a blast experimenting with it. One of these days, I hope to have the time to sit down and read the manual! You should join me!

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP