telling

Winter is tough for me. Don't get me wrong. I love the beauty of the first real snow and the holiday cheer of wintertime. And don't even get me started on the food. Stick-to-your-ribs, ready-for-hibernation type recipes. I'm a sucker for a good casserole, or a big bowl of soup with a hunk of bread to go along with. And hey, I even like winter sports, especially skiing and skating, even though I'm not much good at either. The trouble is, I seem to really glom onto the whole idea of hibernation. Eating more, moving less. Enjoying my little cave.

I think you can probably see where I'm headed here. It's finally spring (actually, it almost feels like summer) and I feel like I haven't really moved in months. The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, and I feel like a (not-so-little) bear waking up from a too-long nap. Still, I'm thankful for spring, for more sun, for warmer temperatures, and for the inspiration to get out of the house and get back in shape.


It's time to move more, and eat less. These things don't come naturally to me. But, like I said, inspiration is all around me. Last weekend, we attended the Gina Relays in Hillsdale. It was motivational, if not kinda sickening, to watch how quickly those men and women can run around the track, jump over hurdles, etc. This is part of the women's steeplechase race. I'm sure I could never do this. Without spraining my ankle, at least. They actually let the crowd down on the track all around the water. I just wanted to give the athletes a little more space.

Anyway, I just want to report that I did get my blood pumping with a little jog this morning. No hurdles, but I did get a bit of an upper body workout too, just trying to hold on to our weimie's leash (she was very interested in saying hello to any other living thing this morning). And doncha know, I feel great! I love the feeling of clam and relaxation that I get after a run. Why don't I do this more often?



Now, if I could just fight of the urge for a donut....

have a lovely day, Amy

Char  – (April 27, 2009 at 11:35 AM)  

getting started always seems to be the most difficult thing, doesn't it? I know it is for me...

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP