the way I see it

So, I've become a little obsessed with photoshop lately. Though it's been lots of fun fiddling around with my work, tweaking the exposure and the colors, etc., I realize that I need to spend more time figuring out how to use my camera to the fullest and not just rely on editing after the fact. More attention to composition, exposure, focus, lighting. It's a lot to keep track of. And I've got a lot to learn. This week, I give you my totally unedited (not even cropped) shots! Golly, I feel a little naked with this bunch. Go easy on me.

open bokeh
open bokeh

dew-kissed
dew-kissed

classic
classic

in knots
in knots

in line
in line

reflections
reflections

remember
remember

have a lovely day, Amy

Lory  – (April 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM)  

They're beautiful! No Photoshop needed! Great job. (psst - I need to work on this too!)

Char  – (April 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM)  

it's easy to get lost in PS and yesterday I was playing with shots and thinking....they kinda look okay SOOC.

great shots

Cheryl  – (April 27, 2009 at 1:59 PM)  

Beautiful. I'm impressed. I've had a dSRL for almost a year now and I swear I haven't gotten any better with using it. I miss my nikon film camera that was no fuss, perfect pictures. Your photos are brillant. I can't even figure out photoshop elements that I have! eeeps. You should be very proud.

TheEclecticElement  – (April 27, 2009 at 2:55 PM)  

Very beautiful!
My friend has a dSLR and she says she absolutly loves it.
I would love to get one myself but I do not have that kind of money. Lol

Diana  – (April 27, 2009 at 4:24 PM)  

Lovely! I agree that it's best to work in camera as much as possible, but a little photoshop is always fun too!

I think the photograph of the brooch is my fav. Something about the sparkle against that green...

Katy  – (April 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM)  

I always think that, once you have a basic understanding of how to make your camera do what you want it to do, composition is the most important part. I have a Canon Rebel XSi. When I'm out and about, I always shoot in aperture priority, 200 ISO, and adjust between sunny and shady white balances as needed. I adjust the aperture as needed, too, depending on whether I want shallow or deep depth of field. But really, I can shoot just about anything with minimal camera adjustments that way, and can concentrate more on composition...making sure my horizons are straight, making sure I have the entirety of my subject in frame, making sure there are no weird branches jutting in and ruining the balance, etc.

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP