what's cooking: ginger carrot and cashew soup

I love soup. Particularly veggie soups. And here is a new favorite of mine. The recipe is based on ingredients in a soup I had recently and really enjoyed. And I'm so pleased with how it turned out. Give it a try! I hope you like it.



ginger carrot and cashew soup

1 lb. carrots, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup cashews
2 cups vegetable broth
1 can (13.5 oz) light coconut milk

In a skillet over low heat, toast the cashews until they begin to sweat and get a light brown color (about 3-5 minutes). Keep an eye on them--don't let them burn!

Add the olive oil and carrots to a medium sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until the carrots turn a nice golden brown on the edges. Add the garlic, the cashews, and one tablespoon of the ginger and stir well, heating for an additional 3 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the carrots and cashews are tender.

Once the carrots and cashews are tender, add mixture to a blender or food processor along with the coconut milk and last tablespoon of ginger and puree until smooth (you may want to add a tad more water if the mixture is too thick for your tastes). Once smooth, pour the soup back into your sauce pan and heat over low heat until warm. Serves 4.
have a lovely day, Amy

Char  – (May 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM)  

yum - sort of a thai thing, right? great idea

lillyella  – (May 30, 2009 at 11:23 AM)  

oh yum! Im definitely going to try this one. I made a carrot soup *once* and having never used white pepper, used more than the recipe called for, which I always do, not knowing its strength, yikes! I was scared to make it again after that, so I think Ill stick with the recipe this time! Great photo too :)

Marbella Designs  – (May 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM)  

This sounds so yummy! I will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing!

SHOKOOFEH  – (May 31, 2009 at 5:04 AM)  

Hello. I just found your blog through your Flickr. you have lovely works, photos and blog!

my recent post is about {flowers}. I think you may like it. so it would be great if you come and take a look! :)

and I think some of your flowers pictures would be great for my readers! with your permission of course!

thanks!
xo

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP