what's cooking: fruit pizza

Mmmm! I just love fruit pizza. Even though I'm a chocolate-lover, I always dig a slice of this yummy dessert, as I was reminded when my mom served this up a few weeks ago. Hope you love it too!



fruit pizza
1 tube refrigerator sugar cookie dough
8 0z. cream cheese
1 small container Cool Whip
Fruit: strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, blackberries, mandarin oranges or whatever you choose

Make orange sauce first (see below), so it has time to cool before you need it! Slice cookie dough in 1/8 inch slices and arrange on lightly greased pan (pizza pan or jelly roll, or cookie sheet). Press together to seal. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool.

Mix Cool Whip and cream cheese together and spread evenly over crust. Arrange fruit in any pattern you choose-- usually starting at the outer edge. Spoon Orange Sauce over pizza. Cut and serve.

Orange Sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
dash of salt
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons lemon juice

Combine sugar, salt and cornstarch in pan. Add liquid gradually. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly until thick. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cool.

This makes such a pretty dessert for any summer picnic or potluck. And you could easily lighten things up by using lite cream cheese and Cool Whip. Enjoy!

have a lovely day, Amy

Lory  – (July 29, 2009 at 6:52 PM)  

Yum! This is an old favorite! My friends and I would make this growing up - especially in the summertime. I haven't thought about it in years. Now I have a hankering for it again. ;-)

Post a Comment

Hi there! I'm so glad you visited my blog today. And look, you made it all the way down here! While you're here, leave me a note. And have a lovely day.
Amy

more photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from thebline. Make your own badge here.

search the site

come, join us!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP