Drumroll, please! Our youngest's nursery is finally finished! We all really love the space. It has a very calm, sorta grown-up feel to it and it really seems to suit our littlest boy, who seems to have a bit of an old soul. That, or maybe he just does the grumpy old man face really well. ;) Andy and I love the crisp, clean lines of the space and the gentlemanly feel of the room. And big brother loves to play on the cozy carpeting. And our little one is a big fan of the crib. He also seems to be attracted to the mobile.
Just to put this in perspective, here's what it looked like back in May, before we started. Brace yourself.
And now, without further delay, here's the space now! I hope you like it!
This room is the smallest in the house (roughly 9'x9'), but even so, it has to serve as both our littlest's nursery and our only guest room. So, we opted to fill the space with a substantial bureau/changing table (there is no closet in the room), the crib, and a queen-sized sleeper sofa.
- Wall color/ Benjamin Moore Designer White (Eggshell)
- Trim/ Valspar Semi-Gloss White
- Crib: Ikea Gulliver
- Dresser/changing table: Ikea Edland 6-drawer dresser
- Sofa: West Elm Henry Sofa Sleeper
- Book shelves: Ikea Ribba picture rails (3)
- Table lamp: Repurposed from this room (bought at Target years ago)
- Clip lamp: Ikea Jansjo in white
- Ceiling fixture: Westinghouse Lighting 7876400 Three-Blade Indoor Ceiling Fan (Amazon)
- Mirror: Ikea Monstad
- Woven Tray: repurposed from another room (bought at Target years ago)
- Hamper: Lands End canvas storage tote (medium)
- Peg rail: Lowes
- Curtain rods and rings: Target
- Picture frames: Ikea Ribba and Target RE wide mat frames
- Quilt: made by Mom! (Rowan's Grandma)
- Striped throw: Ikea Elver
- Curtains: made with navy honeycomb fabric (printed at spoonflower)
- Pillows: made by yours truly with regatta and navy scales fabric and West Elm napkins
- Crib skirt: made by me with grey arrows fabric
- Felt bowls: made by me (tutorial here)
- Crib sheet and changing pad cover/ Babies-R-Us
- Crashing waves water color: painted by a family friend
- Standout portrait of Rowan printed by WHCC (an ABP project :))
- Birth announcement, prayer, and race cars family "crest" designed by me
- Balloon collage: made by me (used a paper punch to cut out balloons and then adhesive squares to place them on craft paper)
- Balloon mobile: made by me from paper (tutorial here)
- Wooden race cars, house blocks, and little boys: painted by me (plain wood pieces purchased from JoAnn Fabrics)
- Letter "B": decoupaged with Paris maps made by moi